You’ve been planning your vacation for months. You picked out just the right motorhome rental, planned your route, and have all your camping sites lined up. Your time off has been approved at work, and now you’re within a week of leaving. “But I haven’t yet begun to pack!” you think frantically. No worries. Your friends at Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales of Indianapolis have your back.
Use these lists to help jumpstart your packing process and help you keep that vacation excitement alive.
When you rent an RV, many of your camping essentials come with it. However, each model comes with different amenities (depending on whether you selected a popup camper, travel trailer, or motorhome), so be sure to check what comes with it. In general, items you will want to bring along include:
- Outdoor cooking equipment
- Lounge chairs
- Bug repellant and/or citronella candles
- Outdoor games and/or sporting equipment
- Lantern and flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Outdoor rug for getting in and out of the RV (helps keep everything clean)
- Firewood (if you’re going out of state, you will likely need to purchase firewood at your campground or nearby due to restrictions)
- Kindling (to get your campfires started)
Do you plan to cook at your campsite for the majority of your vacation? Your best bet is to make a list of meals you plan to have each day. From there, write down a list of ingredients and cooking supplies (pans, dishes, aluminum foil, etc.) you will need to prepare your meals. We recommend breaking your list into the following categories:
- Cooking supplies to bring from home
- Pantry items to purchase in advance
- Groceries to purchase when we get there (especially for meat, produce, etc.)
We recommend that you bring along a cooler. Your RV will likely have a refrigerator or ice box, but you may want the extra space for food storage.
Your longest packing list is likely to be all your personals. You may deviate from this list, add to it, or just use it as a guideline. But hopefully, it will help you remember all your must-haves.
- Clothes (consider how many days you’ll be gone and whether you’ll have access to laundry facilities)
- Toiletries (think toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, razor, and so on)
- Hair products
- Shoes/hiking boots
- Laundry supplies (if you have access to facilities)
- Cleaning items (kitchen and bathroom cleaner,
- Extra toilet paper (Greenwood RV includes some for you when you pick up your motorhome, but you may want to bring a few rolls for yourself)
- Bath towels
- Shower shoes or sandals
- Entertainment and/or rainy-day activities (books, laptop, tablet, games, etc.)
The remaining items you still need to pack will be highly dependent on what activities you plan to do while on vacation. So, instead of including a packing list to account for all activities, we recommend that you make a list of things you plan to do (hiking, swimming, shopping, etc.), and then list the items you’ll need to do it.
Still have questions about what’s included in your RV and what you need to bring along? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Greenwood RV by calling (317) 413-0817. If you still need to rent a motorhome, you can make arrangements over the phone or book online anytime.
photo credit: public domain via pixabay