Kentucky is famous for the number of camping possibilities available. There are so many places to choose from like national parks, primitive campsites, and RV parks. If you are traveling through the Louisville, KY area this summer in an RV rental, and you’re looking for a place to stay, consider one of these campgrounds.
Our Favorite Louisville Campgrounds
- Louisville Metro KOA: Just 10 minutes from downtown Louisville, with quick and easy access from I-65, this KOA makes an ideal base camp for attending the city’s major events, conventions, and myriad of attractions.
- Dream Lake SF Rec Area: Dream Lake is forest property designed for recreational activities including fishing, boating and swimming on the 194-acre lake, camping, picnicking, hiking, and hunting in designated areas.
- Grandma’s RV Camping: Whether you’re planning to stay overnight or for an entire month, Grandma’s RV Camping has a number of amenities your family will enjoy like the free wireless Internet access and well-maintained facilities.
- Leach Park Campground: Only a short drive in an RV rental from Louisville, this campground is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Trackside RV Park: At Trackside RV Park, you will get a truly rustic camping experience. The campsite is surrounded by shade trees, which allow your family to spend time outside without worrying about harsh sunlight.
- Add-More RV Park: Located in Clarksville, IN, Add-More RV Park provides your family with a clean and quiet country setting that is only minutes from shopping, convention centers, and restaurants.
- Otter Creek Campground: Otter Creek Campground is a beautiful outdoor recreation area that provides electrical sites for your RV rental. Besides camping, you can enjoy fishing, hunting, hiking, horseback riding, mountain bike riding, and an archery range and disc golf area.
- Village Mobile Home & Camper: The number of adventures is endless at the Village Mobile Home & Camper Park including golfing and whitewater rafting. Of course, they offer the traditional camping options as well such as roasting marshmallows and fishing.
- Louisville South KOA: Louisville South KOA is one of Kentucky’s premier campgrounds known for its exceptional facilities and plethora of activities like mini golf, fishing, bike rental, an arcade, tent sites, a convenience store and basketball court.
- Grand Trails RV Park: Nestled in beautiful and scenic Southern Indiana, Grand Trails RV Park provides guests with a relaxed, rural setting and a family-friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy fishing on Indian Creek, a paved hiking trail, picnic areas, a gazebo, and a pool.
If you decide to stay at one of these campsites, reserve an RV rental from Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales by calling 317-413-0817 today.