We’ve talked previously about how you should make a pit stop and park your RV rental at the Indianapolis Zoo. This month we would like to tell you about another zoo to add to your list of Indiana attractions: Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo has been rated one of the nation’s ten best zoos for kids. It has also been internationally recognized for its displays, award-winning animal exhibits, and well-maintained grounds.
The zoo is open April through October. Admission is $13.00 for adults, $8.00 for children, and children ages one and under are free. Don’t worry about where to leave your motorhome rental because it is free to park and there are ample spaces available.
There are a variety of food stands located throughout Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo including ones that sell hot dogs, popcorn, drinks, and nachos. There are also two different Dairy Queen locations in the park where you can get tons of different ice cream treats for dessert.
- Australian Adventure: Visit the Australian Adventure where you’ll find an aquarium with fish from the Great Barrier Reef, dingoes, kangaroos, echidnas, and fruit bats.
- Indonesian Rainforest: Next, explore the Indonesian Rainforest and discover orangutans, gibbons, tigers, and an 18-foot snake. This exhibit is so lifelike and accurate that you will feel like you are lost in an actual rainforest.
- African Journey: In the African Journey exhibit, you can see zebras, lions, ostriches, vultures, mongooses, and giraffes. Come visit Zuri, the newest member of their giraffe family, and walk out on the 14-foot platform to feed lettuce to the giraffes. This is a neat opportunity you won’t want to miss.
- Farm Area: The farm area shows what many Indiana farms look like and includes pigs, horses, bunnies, and goats that you can pet and feed. The farm area is a favorite among children because it gives them a chance to really interact with the animals.
- Pony rides
- Endangered species carousel
- River ride
- Ski safari
- Zoo train
The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is a great place to stop while traveling through Indiana. If you’re in need of an Indiana motorhome rental, contact Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales. We are upfront on our pricing, fair and honest in our dealings, and work hard to accommodate all our customers. Make your reservation today by calling us at 317-413-0817.