Spring is in the air, and RV season is in full swing. Is your RV ready to hit the road this spring and summer? An RV is a big investment, and you want to do everything you can to keep it well-maintained. At Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales, we understand what it takes to keep a motorhome in top condition, so in addition to offering RV rentals and sales, we also make our professional RV service department open to the public, which includes de-winterization.
When you prepare your RV to withstand the cold winter temperatures, steps are taken to protect everything from the water system to the tires. When the cold months are over and you are ready to use your motorhome again in the spring, the same steps need to be taken in reverse to ensure your RV is ready to take on spring.
Important De-Winterizing Steps
- Remove antifreeze from the plumbing system, and sanitize the water system so it’s safe to use.
- Reinstall and recharge batteries – making sure the water level is correct.
- Check all gas appliances, and do a leak test.
- Refill water heater, and test that it is working properly.
- Check the air pressure of the tires, and refill as necessary.
- Test and replace the batteries in the carbon monoxide detector, gas leak detector, and smoke alarm.
- Inspect all fire extinguishers to make sure they are fully charged and in working order.
Let Us De-Winterize Your RV
At Greenwood RV, we know motorhomes, and we are known by our customers for going above and beyond what’s expected from an RV rental and service company. Because of this, your mind can be at ease with all the technical steps that need to be taken to ensure your motorhome is road ready. This is why we offer our professional RV service from a certified technician, affordable labor rates, and fast service.
Find Out More
Would you like to speak with a member of our RV service department about de-winterizing your RV? You can call our staff at (317) 413-0817 anytime during regular business hours, or fill out our online contact form at your convenience. Our friendly and professional staff would be glad to help answer all your questions, schedule your RV service, and make you a part of the Greenwood RV family.