Are you in need of a fall excursion? Look no further than Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, located in the southeastern region of Kentucky. Called the “Niagara of the South,” this KY state park has everything you need for a picturesque adventure in your travel trailer.
Here’s a bit of what Cumberland Falls State Resort Park has to offer:
- Gem Mining: The Cumberland area is known for its geological interest. You can either take home some fossils or other gemstones from the gift shop or go mining for yourself!
- Wildlife Viewing: From bird-watching to looking for other local creatures, you can keep a lookout for wildlife in the region.
- Hiking: The Cumberland Falls State Resort Park has many trails geared toward different difficulty levels. Backpackers can also connect to the larger Daniel Boone National Forest Trail system.
- Fishing: You can try your hand at fishing in the Cumberland River. Just be sure to get your Kentucky fishing license before casting a line.
- Horseback Riding: The park offers guided horseback riding trips, a great option for individuals and families alike.
- Outdoor recreation: You can find many shuffleboard, tennis, and horseshoe areas if you want a little friendly competition.
- Water activities: In season, you can also enjoy swimming in the park’s pool or rafting on the Cumberland River.
For lodging, you can book a room in the DuPont Lodge, or you can reserve a campsite at the campground between March 15 and November 15. The campground is perfect for tent camping or parking a travel trailer rental. They have 50 sites with full water and electric hookup, as well as a dump station on the premises.
If you’re coming from the Louisville, KY area, Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales has great travel trailer rental options. You can check our travel trailer rental availability and rates either online or by calling our office at (317) 413-0817.