If you’re looking for a fun hobby to take up in retirement, like the idea of inexpensive and memory-filled excursions with your family, or simply want to experience nature on a more consistent basis, buying an RV definitely is something to consider. Do you like the idea, but are unsure of what to buy? The experts at Greenwood RV Rentals and Sales will help you find the perfect RV for your needs and your budget. After you’ve found the perfect unit, there are three things that all RV beginners need to keep in mind as you plan your first adventure.
1. Have a Campground Checklist
You will undoubtedly be ready to hit the open road as soon as you drive your RV off of the sales lot, but having a well thought-out and comprehensive campground checklist is critical to making sure that your excursion goes off without a hitch.
- Ensure you have access to water and electricity prior to unpacking
- Ensure your appliances are pulling from the electric source, rather than your battery or propane
- Check your campsite for low hanging branches or large debris that could harm your RV or create unwanted obstacles
- Stabilize your RV with stabilizing jacks or blocks once you’ve identified your camp site
2. Plan AccordinglyWhen it comes to camping, winging it isn’t an ideal game plan. Thinking through your route, budget, food supply, and needed stops is critical to making sure that you have the most enjoyable trip possible. Don’t skip this step, as it can take what was intended to be a relaxing trip and turn it into a stressful mess.
3. Bring Extra Supplies
Pack a well-stocked tool kit and add in the things that your RV might need, such as extra fuses, light bulbs, jumper cables, nuts, bolts, and connectors. In addition, be sure to bring parts that are unique to your rig. Without these on hand, you risk having to wait for a part to be ordered and shipped in the event the need arises.
Your RV is an incredible machine that can help you see the world, connect with nature like you never have before, and make memories that you’ll never forget. At Greenwood RV Rentals & Sales, we have a great selection of new and used RVs as well as motorhome rentals, travel trailers, and pop-up campers. For more information, contact us at (317) 413-0817 and start your adventure today!